The material for the Stretch & Breath® girth is specially made for Barefoot Saddles. It consists of many adjacent, fine elastic band envelopes, stitched with tear-resistant nylon thread. This gives a material which is tear-resistant but also totally stretchy.
The Stretch & Breath® material is then wrapped with a soft, adjustable neoprene cover that protects the horse's sensitive girth area.
Advantages of the Stretch & Breath® girth at a glance:
• completely elastic: the horse's breathing chest movement is not restricted
• finely woven, tear-resistant nylon material
• soft outer neoprene cover
• protected, well backed roller buckles at both ends
• central ring for attaching martingale or breastplate
• machine washable at 30 degrees
Available in Black only, sizes 45cm, 55cm, 65cm, 75cm and 85cm.
Tip: The elastic material conforms to the horse's body, therefore the girth can stretch (adapt to your horse). We recommend that if you usually use it from left to right, turn it right to left every now and again to keep it balanced.
How to measure for correct girth length:
The buckles should always lay one hand above the horse's elbow. Since the girth length is measured buckle to buckle, just place the measuring tape about one hand above the elbow, run it snug under the belly to the same spot on the other side of the horse. The d-ring should be right in the middle of the horse's chest when the girth is tightened.